The First 72 Hours
Community Resilience to Extreme Weather (CREW) Hamilton Network invites you to
The First 72 Hours:
Preparing Hamilton for Climate-Related Emergencies
A giant art installation of an emergency beacon at last September’s Supercrawl got lots of Hamiltonians talking about their own emergency experiences and worries. Among those were extreme weather events like flooding, windstorms, and heatwaves.
Are we ready? We don’t think so. That’s why we’re growing a multi-stakeholder network to help our community be better prepared.
Join us and
- Learn extreme weather projections for Hamilton over the next 10 - 20 years.
- Hear Hamilton’s emergency manager explain why you need to be ready to look after yourself and your neighbours in the first 72 hours of an emergency.
- Learn why social networks are good for your health from Hamilton’s air quality and climate change project manager.
- Hear why extreme weather impacts are hardest on our most vulnerable neighbours.
- Meet the artist who created the emergency beacon.
- Help to identify CREW Hamilton’s network goals.
We hope you can make it!
Cheers, CREW Hamilton Network
Contact Beatrice at email@example.com of call 905 549 0900 for more information.